KNOWING THE DIFFERENCE CAN HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
We often hear about, read, or are informed about items which can be confusing or misunderstood. However, their distinctions and definitions can matter when needing to take actions for yourself and family. The following is a list of common terms and conditions which can be useful. Click on each link to further explore details.
• Air Quality Index Ratings
• Alert versus Warning
• Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) versus Incident Action Plan (IAP)
• Frostbite versus Hypothermia
• Funnel Cloud versus Tornado
• Hazard versus Disaster
• Incident versus Event
• Inflammable versus Nonflammable
• Response versus Recovery
• Risk versus Threat
• Sleet versus Freezing Rain versus Snow
• Water Boil Advisory versus a Boil Order